Forum Discussion

AndrewWilber
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Recovering Lost data

Hey,
I have been working with Q-Base for quite some time, and today I accidentally wiped out all the data I had in a field by changing the field type to a calculation.  Is there a way for me to get the data back that I wiped out?

I don't have a CSV of my data beforehand unfortunately....

Thanks!

Andrew

------------------------------
Andrew Andrew

2 Replies

• Yep, "been there, done it, bought the T-Shirt".

That is why we have the the Care Team.  Put in a support ticket at the top right of any Quick Base screen using the ? icon and ask for a "CSV restore as of last night" (assuming that you did the damage today), and provide them with a link to the table home page for the table with the lost data. 

They will come back with a CSV file and you will import just two selected columns of it (not all the columns) .  The [Record ID#] field and the field with the lost data.  Merge in the data on Record ID#

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Hi Andrew,

I would absolutely echo what Mark said and encourage you to open a support case with our Care team letting them know that you have lost some data and you want to do a restore back to help recover it. They do restores to the night before so if you deleted it on a Tuesday you would want to ask for the restore from the Monday before for the last 14 business days. Including the specific app and table with a link is a big help for them making sure they are targeting the right source for the restore to csv like Mark suggested. I hope that is helpful and let me know if you have any trouble creating that case.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base