Forum Discussion

AmandaLepich
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Relationship Issues between Parent and Multiple Children Tables

Hi,

I have been working on putting a Project Tracker into QB.  We are migrating from a waterfall model to a more agile model.  There are three tables:

1.  Project Summary Table - where the Ticket # is the unique key.  The Ticket # represents the Project ticket at the parent level.  There is summary information at this level that I don't want duplicated at the Project Story table level.  
2.  Project Story Table - this table can have a Ticket # that has one or more Story Ticket #'s and Story #'s. 
  • ​Legacy Projects will have a Ticket # / Story Ticket # that is the same; with a Story # of 0. 
  • Agile Project​​​s will have a Ticket # /Story Ticket # that is the same as the Ticket #; with a Story # of 0 to N with individual estimates that all migrate in one release; or (2) have a Ticket # /Story Ticket # that is unique; with a Story # of 0 to N with individual estimates that will migrate across releases.  
  • This table has to have the Record ID as the unique Key in order for the Agile relationships to work.    
  • This table needs to link to the Project Summary Table in order to summarize the work from the Story Table.  I can't figure out how to do this and am at a dead end.  I have tried everything I know of.
3.  Story Ticket Table - this table has a Ticket #, Story Ticket #, Story# , Month, Year, and Time fields.  
  • This table has to have the Record ID as the unique Key.
  • This table needs to link to the Project Story Table to provide a summary of actuals against the estimates.

I want to only have the client access the Project Summary Table for all of their reporting needs.  I can't build the reports out properly until I can get the relationships figured out. 

Any help would be much appreciated.  ​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Thanks

​​​​

------------------------------
Amanda Lepich
------------------------------
No RepliesBe the first to reply