Forum Discussion

JackPustinger
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Replacement for Javascript Buttons (location.reload)

Hello, with the announcement of Quickbase discontinuing support of Javascript outside of code pages, I have been going through my application and trying to get rid of Javascript wherever it is used. Nearly all of the buttons I use involve Javascript in the following manner:
"<a class='Vibrant Snow' style=\"width:150px; text-align: center;\" href=javascript:$.get('" & $apiEditRecordLinkHere & "',function(){location.reload();});void(0);>Button Text</a>". 

This does API_EditRecord or any other api call you make the variable and then reloads to the original page. Does anyone know how to replicate this functionality without the use of Javascript?

------------------------------
Jack Pustinger

2 Replies

• To be clear, existing Javascript will not be disabled. You just won't be able to make changes to those fields once those drop dead dates arrive. 

Earlier today I  received an  an email from the User Voice system that the March release will include a native non javascript ability to execute a URL and refresh the page. That was something I voted for so I was notified. 

So that is certainly welcome news.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JackPustinger
      Qrew Member
      That's definitely good to hear, looking forward to that release. Thank you!

Jack Pustinger