Forum Discussion

EmberKrumwied1
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Report filter not showing as a pulldown list

New to Quickbase...I am trying to create a simple report that prompts the user for a entry name.  I have set that field to be the filter and set it to <ask the user>.  When I run the report all I get is a text box for that field.  What I'd like it to be is a selection list of all available options as shown in the following help entry.

Create a Report that Prompts Users for Selection Criteria
Quickbase remove preview
Create a Report that Prompts Users for Selection Criteria
You may not always know what records your users want to see. You can create a report that prompts users to enter selection criteria for one or more fields. After a user selects the report, Quickbase presents a dialog box like the one shown below.
View this on Quickbase >

In the example, Company appears as a pulldown menu.  I have a similar field that I would like displayed this way.  Any help on what I'm missing would be appreciated.

Thanks

------------------------------
Ember Krumwied

9 Replies

• Is the Company field just a Text field or is it from another Table?

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
      EmberKrumwied1
      Qrew Trainee
      It is just a text field.  I have since learned, from a different source, that what I am hoping to accomplish can not be done.  This is a text field and even though it is set to be unique, the table holds over 300 entries.  Pull down lists are limited to 100 entries, and that's even if the field could be converted to a pull down option.  Seeking other solutions to achieve similar result.

Ember Krumwied
        BlakeHarrison
        Qrew Captain
        I would encourage you to start by making the Company data a separate table.

Blake Harrison
        bharrison@datablender.io
        DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
        Atlanta GA
        404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/