QuentinFleischf
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

Resource Summary Timeline

I have 3 tables
  1. Programs
  2. Tasks
  3. Resources
A Task is assigned to a Program and a Resource is assigned to a Task.

I have managed to establish table relationships between the tables so I can report (Timeline Report) all the related Tasks for the Program on the program form as an embedded report.

I have managed to establish table relationships between the tables so I can report (Timeline Report) all the related Tasks for the Resource on the resource form as an embedded report.

What I am struggling to do is establish a table relationship/s so I can report (Timeline Report) all the related Resources for the Program on the program form as an embedded report. I have generated the kind of report I want in the resources table per below (for a single record in this example)

Any suggestions?

2 Replies

• Hi, Quentin -

Give this a try

1. Create a new table called PTR (Projects-Tasks- Resources)
    2. Create 3 one to many relationship.  One project to many PTRs; one task to many PTRs; one resource to many PTRs.  When you do this, Quick Base will automatically create a report link in the Programs table called 'PTRs'.
    3. Add fields to the PTR table including: start date, end date, allocated hours, actual hours
    4. Create records in the PTR table for each person assigned a task on a project
    5. (Re) build the report you want in the PTR table
    6. Put the 'PTRs' report link field on the form in the Programs table.
    We're at CloudBase Services if you want help.