Forum Discussion

TylerBrezler
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

Save & Keep Working Button while using ifv=

Has anyone figured out a way to implement a Save & Keep Working option while working within the ifv= option that removes the QB interface?  The native buttons are gone and if you try to use the onclick#saveandkeepworkingmenuoption deal, it doesn't work with the QB interface removed.

I can save records.  I can save and redirect somewhere else (a predetermined URL).  I cannot save and redirect to the same record while staying in edit mode and continuing to use ifv=.  

If I use DoSave() or DoSaveAdd(), it saves the record but then returns the user to display record mode without the ifv= appended. One thing I noticed when I do this, it appends "r=" and then two random characters to the resulting URL, which is some kind of breadcrumb thing that QB uses but I don't know how to replicate that. I think if I could replicate that somehow, that might solve my problem.

I should add that I am particularly challenged here because I would like this Save & Keeping Working option to work while the user is creating a new record, so no Record ID exists yet at this state.  Otherwise I could punch in the redirect to simply go to the existing record.​

Essentially the process is that the user creates a new record, fills in data, then I want them to be able to Save & Keeping Working, so that they can add a child record.  But they can't add a child until the parent is saved first.
No RepliesBe the first to reply