Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
4 years ago

Shading cells using Juiced EFP

Does anyone use Juiced EFP? Looking for a creative work-around (or maybe it's possible and I just don't know how to do it), to shade a cell in printing a sub-table.

I do not believe you can actually shade a cell, but I am thinking you can use a formula rich text field to shade the background of your text, and make that shading large and that might be a good trade off.

I am able to make a formula rich text field that accomplishes close enough to my goal, but it does not print out in Juiced EFP. I am wondering if anyone has run into this, and found the syntax that works (or perhaps it doesn't work at all and can confirm). I have reached out to Juiced and am waiting for a reply, but I know the community has sometimes already solved problems, or come up with other creative workarounds.

This example creates what I want, but doesn't print out in EFP. Perhaps someone knows why, or has another syntax that might be compatible?

"<a  style=\"background: #FF0000; color: #000000; display: inline-block; padding: 40px 0px;width:85px; text-align: center; font-size: 13px \"><b>E</b></a>")

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

5 Replies

DonLarson
    Qrew Commander
    Mike,

I believe this is the field that you want to edit.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      Thanks Don,

That actually only shades the header column I believe. I was referencing the sub-table fields themselves. So the meat of the table. My current work around is to create image files for what I needed, and display those. Alternatively, I could create a rich text field and choose a background color - unfortunately that only creates a background around the word and I was hoping to color the entire cell that word is in.

My image trick is a happy in between, I could create a big 'square' of color around my word, which I can live with.

Mike Tamoush
  • I think, instead of using an 'a' tag, use a 'div'. Kind of like this:

"<div style='width: 100px;height: 100px;line-height: 100px;font-size: 10px;color: #fff;text-align: center;background: #000'>Hello I am A Square</div>"​

Admittedly, I've not tested this in a sub-table in EF+

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    / http://datablender.io/
      KeithJusas
      Qrew Captain
      I did a quick test using Blakes suggestion, looks like a nice option
      I changed his formula a bit
      "<div style='width: 100px;height: 16px;line-height: 16px;font-size: 12px;color: #fff;text-align: center;background: #000'>" & [Product - Description] & "</div>" 

note: width and height are ignored in the subtable but I kept them in there so it displays in qb ok...and no Mike the entire cell cannot be shaded, I think this is the best you'll get

Keith Jusas
      CEO
      Juiced Technologies, Inc.
      Ronkonkoma NY
        MichaelTamoush
        Qrew Captain
        Thanks Keith!

I have this idea where maybe I can have 3 lines of text, except the top and bottom line I'll make the text color the same as the background color....thus tricking it and 'setting' the height. Think it'll work?? I'll report back if I can get it to work.

Mike Tamoush