Forum Discussion

BethanyHudson
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Showing Child records instead of Report Link

This might be a long shot. Is there a way to show the actual child records in a report instead of a report link? I have a detailed report I need to create but need to have all the related "Grant contracts" listed within an embedded report so the entire thing can be printed in one report.

------------------------------
Bethany Hudson

11 Replies

• No Problem
    Make a Combined Text Summary field on the Relationship where 1 Grant Awards has many Grant Contacts.

Then to make it look nicer, make a formula text field in Grant Awards like this so they list in a tidy vertical list.

SearchAndReplace(ToText([Combined Text Summary Grant Contacts])," ; ", "\n")

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BethanyHudson
      Qrew Trainee
      Thanks!
      But what if I need more than just one field? I need to be able to show the Vendor, Budget, Expenses, etc. for each of the listed contracts. Is that possible?

--

Bethany Hudson
      Program Administrator
      Mobile Bay National Estuary Program
      118 North Royal Street, Suite 601
      Mobile, AL 36602
      (o) 251-459-8870
      (c) 251-367-1368

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        I miss read your original post that I thought you were talking about contacts and not contRacts. 

but still "np",

Just make a formula text field down on the child table to concatenate all your fields into a single field and rol them up.

But you may want to reconsider your approach and instead just make the report off the Contracts table and lookup any fields you need from Grants down to Contracts.  It would be pretty straightforward to roll up a few text fields but once you start trying to roll up  numeric field and label what they are just starting to get pretty messy.
        I think what you really want as a report of contracts showing certain columns from the grants.  

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com