Forum Discussion

ChrisNewsome
Qrew Captain
10 months ago

Slow performance for 2 Days

Anyone else seeing very slow performance the last 2 days? It's taking 20-30 seconds for our forms to load and general navigation of the site is reduced. 

------------------------------
Thanks,
Chris Newsome

5 Replies

• Not for me across multiple client Realms. Response time is good.

I suggest you put in a support ticket. Either it's going to be an issue they can help you analyze within your Realm (they have diagnostic tools for "Long Requests" , or else you are on a server which is sharing processing power with a misbehaving application from another Realm and they can move you or move them off to another server if you complain loudly enough.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander

Agree with Mark. I've been victim of both.

One time I had a search widget on a home page that was searching every searchable field, and I had like 800 fields in that table. Multiple people were hammering it and it was really slowing my entire app.

Another time I was on a server sharing processing power from a 'misbehaving app', as Mark put it. They moved me out and everything was fixed.

Either way, Customer support was super helpful both times. Right now my speeds are good so check in on both possibilities!

Mike Tamoush
      ChrisNewsome
      Qrew Captain

Just an update, I did open a support ticket and the response was fairly "cookie cutter" so far, such as clearing browser cache, etc. I plan to take Brian's advice and dig into it a bit on my end, but today the performance seems back to normal and no complaints from any of my users. 

Thanks,
      Chris Newsome
  • We haven't noticed anything that is consistently slow in the past couple days, but it's definitely happened multiple times in the past!

Even without an "Enterprise" tier plan you have several tools that may help, but I agree with Mark and you should open a Support Ticket who has a suite of tools and workflows to take a deeper dive.

In the interim, you may want to consider heading over to you QB Admin Console (click "My Apps" and "Manage My Account" in sidebar) where you can think review Platform Analytics. This sub-links out to various filterable reports. For example, filter Integration or User Reads by date range.

In "App Management" there is also a "Performance management" link that will list known issues and assign them a severity (priority).

I also typically check the Quickbase Status page for any reported issues.

You can also head over to the your "App Properties" and take a look at the Performance options checkboxes. You can enable the Show performance analyzer and then run that bad boy.

Aside, from noisy neighbors, and I'd also check a  few other things within your control, including table record volume which I've seen become an issue in larger apps with over a million records in a given table.

Also, if you go into you "Fields" listing on a given table and then click "Advanced Options" (top-right), you can check the boxes for "Reportable" and "Searchable." I suggest going through each table and unchecking Searchable for a many of those as possible for you use case. I don't think Reportable will impact performance, but I try to tidy that too while I'm there. And in the process review the "Default Report Settings" for each table and select the "don't make it a default column" radio option (When a new field is added to this table). The idea here is to only search the bare minimum necessary.

Brian Seymour