Forum Discussion

StaceyStacey
Qrew Member
9 years ago

Specific time for email notification

Is there a way to select a specific time for an email notification to be sent?  I would like to set some up to arrive around 6:00am in Europe but can't figure out a way to do that.  This wouldn't apply to all of my email notifications, just a few of them.

17 Replies

• Users are receiving the subscription notifications between 1 and 3 AM. Many of these users are on-call personnel who need to be watchful of their phones overnight because their crews are working out on the field and need to report on any emergency issues.

The subscription reports they receive do not fall in the "emergency" category, But their phones go off at different intervals between 1 and 3AM every time they receive these reports which is extremely annoying and unnecessary.

They do need to have them in their mailbox by 8AM at the latest.  Is there really no way to accomplish this????
  • You could perhaps sent the emails to a general mailbox and use your email program rules to schedule a forwarding of that email to relevant parties.

You could write some code that runs once per day at a specific time to email people with a link to the reports.

You could partner with a developer that has add-on tools that expand the capabilities of emails.

Unfortunately though, there is not currently a native way of simply scheduling an email to fire at a specific time in quickbase.
  • Is there a way to change the time that Notifications send? Our users are getting emails at 2:30 in the morning, and I would like to to change this to 8:00 am.
      EvanMartinez
      Qrew Elite
      Hi Jake,

It is still true that natively there is not a way to designate when a subscription or reminder is sent out. They are all grouped to send out with an automated process that runs across all of the applications in Quick Base at once. There are some existing user voice requests focused on this issue and I always recommend if you feel this is something that would benefit your company and enhance your usage of Quick Base to include it in User Voice or add your vote to one of the existing requests. User Voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com. It is one of the tools our Product Development team uses when gauging user interest in future enhancements and features.