Forum Discussion

SyaefulBahri3
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Summary data from two table

Hi All,

I have two tables. Below are the details of each table. 

Table 1

Table 2

I have imported the data for each table, the data is from the CSV file. Table 3 will have a summary from Table 1 and Table 2 like this

Can you please give me direction how to achieve this?

Many thanks

------------------------------
Syaeful Bahri

1 Reply

• Hi Syaeful,

Are the two tables currently related? If so it is possible to pull a report much like the one you are looking in your second table if they are related. You would be able to pull down any fields you want to see on the report from Table 1 and display then on Table 2, then you would use them to sort and group your data in the report settings for example on the field Name, Company, and Department to get categories you would be able to see across all the Training Names. 

For example in one of my apps I have Companies, Contacts, and Projects that are all related with Projects as the Grandchild of Companies and child of Contacts. Then I passed fields like Company Name and Contact Name down as lookup fields to Projects. Once I do that I can build a report to sort and group off those values but display information from the Projects table nice and organized like the image below. 

Then you wouldn't need to worry about creating a 3rd table but could instead keep to your two tables. You would just need a relationship between the two tables for this to work. I hope this suggestion is helpful Syaeful.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base