Forum Discussion

LijaHarris
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Summary Field that Counts how many Date / Time records are in that Date per User

Hi,

I have a tough situation that I am desperately trying to wrap my head around.  I have two tables: A technician table (One) to a Measure table (Many).  So 1 Technician can have many measures. 

I have a report from the measure table where I can see that a technician, in this example Aaron with many Time_iM_SnapshotTI (a date /  time field).  I need to count how many snapshots happen per Time_iM_SnapshotTI date for that technician.  For example Aaron Smith will have 2 Time_iM_SnapshotTI for 9/3/2021 and 9/7/2021 respectively.  How do i go about summarizing based on that fields date and technician?

Thank you so very much in advance, you all blow my mind in terms of expertise and wisdom!

------------------------------
Lija Harris

3 Replies

• I suggest a simple Summary report.  

Group by:
    Tech
    Time_iM_SnapshotTI and group the date/time field by Day.  

This is a different type of report than the table report type you are currently using.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      LijaHarris
      Qrew Cadet
      Thank you so much for your reply! I was thinking of doing just that a summary report, however the manager needs it to be a field as he would like to use the field to then flag each row in the report and possibly use that field further in sending emails or notifications if that user has more than 5, let's say in a given day (so far Aaron has 2 per day but it could be more).  

If there is no way and I do need to use a summary report, is there a way to filter only showing more than 5 groupings per day?

Lija Harris
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        That is possible to do with a formula query.  But the syntax for that is tricky and it's too much for me to iterate on this forum if you have never used formula queries before. Please contact me via the email in my signature line if you would like to discuss one on one assistance.

If you would like some links to learn more about formula queries I can look for some.  The Quickbase Junkie has some great videos.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsfngR4DGWg  
        https://www.quickbasejunkie.com/

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com