Forum Discussion

JenniMurray
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

Summary Field to Show Previous Year Data on Current Year Record

Hi!

I have a Plans table [parent] related to a Funding table [child]. One Plan record is created per client per year with many Funding records added to it.

On a Plan current year's record, I need a field to display the previous year's funding total. I created a summary field with a condition of issued date is during the previous year, however, this field displays null, as I believe it is looking at just funding records related to that plan.

Is there a way to create a summary field on the current Plan record to show the previous year's total funding based on a date field and the client's name? I am unable to do a summary report, as I need to use this total amount field in a report to share with others as a quick look of all the client plans created during the year.

------------------------------
Jenni Murray
Detroit, MI

2 Replies

• No, it's not going to work like you have wanted.

You will need to make a relationship where 1 Plan is related to itself, ie the table related to itself.
    Quick Base will ask you if you are sure and then go ahead.

Call the reference field that is created  [Related Last Year Plan].

Then lookup any fields you need from last year to this year.   You will need to edit every Plan to relate them to Last year.  Not sure if this is dozens of records or hundreds or thousands.

If the numbers make this manual approach impossible, then there could be a Plan B which would involve changing the Key field of the Plan table.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JenniMurray
      Qrew Cadet
      Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply! 

I'll see if your Plan A will work. This is a new build, so not many records will need to be updated.

Thank you :)

Jenni Murray
      Detroit, MI