Forum Discussion

InnaStarikova
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Summary for user-related fields

I have an operation table with List-User field and Performance table with 1 record for each user. The operations can be active and expired. I want to see how many active operations are assigned to the specific user. Please advise what is the best way to update records in the performance table and populate them with the number of active operations assigned to the specific user?

5 Replies

• Hi Inna,

If you add a summary field in your Performance table that totals the # of Operations for that user, you can include this in your user record picker on Operations table. So it could show you Username - 6 for someone with 6 Operations. You can even go further and show active and expired totals in the same record picker for users.
      InnaStarikova
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Danie,

Thanks for your reply. For users in list-user field, you cannot add a master-details relationship and as a result, you cannot add a summary field. Do you mean there's a workaround for that?
      DanieGrabe
      Qrew Trainee
      Yes. You said there is only one record per user in the Performance table, so you can select the user from that table. The Operations table is a child to the Performance table correct? So your Related Performance record picker can be customised to show Username - # of Operations.
      InnaStarikova
      Qrew Trainee
      For now, there is no relation between the tables. In the Performance table, I have 1 record per user. In the Operations table, I have an Assigned To field that is a List-User field type. This is a specific type of user-related fields where you can select several users simultaneously (not one user per operation based on the users in the performance table). The List-User fields do not have record picker and display only the user names (comparing to the situation where you can use some report in record picker to display more information). The users are actual users who use the system.