Forum Discussion

MICHAELSARGENT
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Summary of Summaries

I have an application that has a work group intake table [Parent].  From that workflow intake, it can be assigned to multiple work groups [Child].  And then can be assigned to multiple individuals [Child of Child].  I have created multiple summary fields from the work group records to the work group intake table.  I now want to aggregate the multiple summary fields into another field.  I know I can use the "ToText" function to summarize the fields, but it then leaves the semi colon delimited.  That's not visually appealing.  I want something like:

• Summary field 1 - [Summary field 1]
  • Summary field 2 - [Summary field 2]
  • Etc.

I can't figure out how to code it so it appears nice like that.  Any help is welcome.

------------------------------
MICHAEL SARGENT

3 Replies

• Can you post a screen show of your combined text summary field and what you want the result to be?

I'm not understanding the b old part

Summary field 1 - [Summary field 1]

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MICHAELSARGENT
      Qrew Cadet
      Hey Mark,  so you can see that I have multiple Current Status Summary fields.  What I want to do is create a field that summarizes all this into one.  But, i want it to appear where it would look like:

"POS Summary:" (This would be text) - [Current Status Summary POS]

"NTW Infrastructure Current Status Summary" - [Current Status Summary - NTW Infrastructure]

the problem i'm having it errors out when I try to create a multi-line approach.  Would i need a list function or how do I accomplish this?

MICHAEL SARGENT
        PaulPeterson1
        Qrew Assistant Captain
        You could use something like this:

List("\n", "Summary Text 1:  " & [Field 1], "Summary Text 2:  " & [Field 2], ...) 

and if you only want fields that have a value:

List("\n", If([Field 1] != "", "Summary Text 1:  " & [Field 1]), If([Field 2 != "", "Summary Text 2:  " & [Field 2]), ...)

Paul Peterson