Forum Discussion

StuLamden1
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Table Relationships and Checkboxes

Hello everyone!  

I was hoping that someone here could help me figure something out with my latest Quickbase App involving Table Relationships and Checkboxes.  Thank you in advance!

I have two tables.  One called Employees and the other called Inventory.

In the Employees Table/Form I have a checkbox called Asus USB Monitor and a Numeric field called Asus USB Qty.

In the Employees Table I have two Dynamic rules. 

1.       When the Asus USB Monitor checkbox is checked, set the Asus USB Qty to 1.

2.       When the Asus USB Monitor checkbox is unchecked, set the Asus USB Qty to 0.

I have created a relationship where the Inventory Table is the Parent and the Employee Table is the child.

I believe I need to add a Summary Field to the Parent table.  Let's call that field x.

The Employee Table includes the following:

Field Name -> Value

Inventory -> Yes

Description -> Asus USB Monitor

Total # of Items in Inventory -> 100

# of Items in Use->

# of Items Available-> [Total # of Items in Inventory] –

I have been able to use similar logic and it worked exactly as expected when the item selected from the Employees table is a Text - Multiple choice field. 

I just can't get it to work with a checkbox. 

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you again!
Stu

------------------------------
Stu Lamden

10 Replies

• Stu, you have described your tables, but I'm not understanding what your specific question is.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      StuLamden1
      Qrew Member

Mark,

Thank you for responding and my apologies for being unclear. 

What I'm trying to accomplish is that each time I create a new record in the Employees Table and select the Asus USB Monitor checkbox and save, I want it to add a value of 1 to x for the Asus USB Monitor record in the Inventory Table.

If I create three records in the Employees Table and select the Asus USB Monitor checkbox and save, I want there to be a value of 3 in the x field associated with the Asus USB Monitor record in the Inventory Table.

If I uncheck the Asus USB Monitor checkbox in the Employees Table for one of the records I've previously saved, I want the Inventory Table to update so that the value is now 2 in the x field associated with the Asus USB Monitor record in the Inventory Table.

Thank you,

Stu

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

OK.  One Equipment has Many Employees. 

I think all you need to do is to create a summary field on that Relationship to count the # of Employees with a filter to only include where Asus USB Monitor checkbox is checked.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com