Forum Discussion

AllisonWatson
Qrew Member
4 months ago

Track Changes of a Date Field

I have an email notification set up to let the Sales Rep of a job know when a due date changes.  Is there a way for the email to display the original due date and also what the new due date is?  I turned on the tracking function for this field, but it seems like only I can see that info as the realm admin?  Is there a way to share the info so it displays in the email to the Sales Rep?

thanks!

------------------------------
Allison Watson

5 Replies

• np,

in the email just use the syntax 

[old.date] to refer to the previous value at the split second before the save.  Quickbase will remember that value just long enough to send off the email.

https://helpv2.quickbase.com/hc/en-us/articles/4570355754004-Creating-custom-content-for-email-notifications

You can also use field references to capture the original value from a field (before it was changed) and display it in an email.

To do so, type old. in front of the field name, as in [old.status] or [old.description] for example. For example, say you've inserted the following custom text in your notification:

The city changed from [old.city] to [city].

If a user were to change the value in the city field from Boston to Paris, this line would display in an email as:

The city changed from Boston to Paris.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AllisonWatson
      Qrew Member

Thank you!!  Thank works perfectly

Allison Watson
      AllisonWatson
      Qrew Member

I have a follow up question.  Sometimes, I will batch edit several jobs at once, and when I do that it sends a summary email.  Is there a way to make it send individual emails for each job that changed?  Or would I have to update each job individually for that?

Allison Watson
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

:(  I think if you want that functionality of all the [old.my field] new you have to change the records one by one.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com