Forum Discussion

JoeBedenbaugh
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Tracking attendance from one table into multiple tables

I am looking to track attendance of multiple sets of people. The setup is as follows:
  • I have 3 tables: "Athletes," "Connections," and "Business," which contain the contact information (We'll call these, "Main Tables")
  • I have 1 table, "Group," which contains the list of participants from each of the Main Tables, as well as the Group Name and Group Leader. Each of the Main Tables has a relationship created to this table (one Group has many Athlete/Business/Connections, but there is only one Group associated with each Athlete/Business/Connection)
  • I have 1 table, "Attendance," which contains a Multi-Select dropdown of names for Athlete, Connections, and Business. This field also does a lookup on the "Group" table to find the Group Leader after you select the Related Group from the dropdown option. This table tracks the attendance of each event within each Group.
What I'm Trying to Accomplish
  • I want to track the attendance of each of theses groups within their respective table (I.e., I can click into "Athletes" table on a specific person and see how many times "Joe Athlete" has attended a recurring event.)
The relationships are setup as follows:
  • One Athlete/Business/Connection can have many Attendances, and one Attendance can have many Athlete/Business/Connections. To get around this many-many relationship, I'd like to be able to add the Attendance within the "Group" table.
  • One Athlete/Business/Connection can have only one Group.
  • One Attendance can have only one Huddle Group.
Any thoughts on how I can get this to work?

1 Reply

• If I am reading this correctly it sounds like you would need to add report link to the groups table to you Athletes record form.