Forum Discussion

YobaniMaldonado
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Translate a Summary Report into a table "Summary Table"

I would like to know if there is a way to automatically transfer data from a Summary Report to a table that I would possibly call "Quota (Summary Table)". I know that there is an option to export the Summary Report to a CSV file and then I can import it into my Summary Table but I would like to know if there's a way to automate that or make the transition easier.

I need the information to make a table that will help plan for the following day. The Quota (Summary Table) will provide an update of how many tons is left over on each site location (ramp) so that I can adjust the amount of trucks reporting to the site the next day based on total tons at the site location.

------------------------------
Yobani Maldonado

3 Replies

• You don't have to make a CSV export. Just use the More button to "copy these records to another table".

How many rows are being copied?   Can you post an image of the Summary Report. There may a way to fully Automate this  

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      YobaniMaldonado
      Qrew Member
      Yes. Thank you. I meant to include that option as well on my initial post. I have numerous apps and find it tedious having to do that everyday. I was wondering if there was another way. 

The max would be around 10 to 15 rows. I plan to do this on everyday at the end of shifts. I attached an image of what the summary report would look like. 

Yobani Maldonado
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

So you need a record written out for every combination of Unit and ramp?

You can create a table with records for every possible combination of Unit and Ramp​.  If you are good with Formula  Queries, you can do a formula query to create those summary Totals on the records. Then make a saved table to table copy to copy copy the records to your history table. 

if you don't want to make a Formula query then you will need to set the key field to be a concatenation of the Unit and Ramp like 31-264 and set that to be the key field. Then make a relationship to your details table and roll up the totals. 

Either way set up the saved table to table copy and automate it to run every day with a Pipeline or automation. 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com