Forum Discussion

GiuseppeMacri
Qrew Captain
4 years ago

Undocumented Redirect Behaviors Quickbase

Hi,

I just went through a whole rigamaroll with playing with redirects over the past few days and saw this question get asked on the forum alot:

1. How do I redirect native save buttons to different pages?

This issue impacts alot of users who do not want to allow end users a view mode into their records once complete. Well youre in luck! 

We can leverage the existing QB URL Hacks to make our forms exit behaviors make sense. I would also recommend QB look into allowing users to select the exit behavior of the form on the form properties tab but i digress.

The two URL words we are going to be using is: 

1. NextURL=
2. NextURLDashboard=

The fundamental difference between these two phrases is that NextURL is strictly used for Desktop forms while NextURLDashboard is used strictly for mobile forms. THESE ARE NOT INTERCHANGABLE.

To construct the nwr url for a form, you simply need to grab your native nwr form (i.e. domain.quickbase.com/db/[db]?a=nwr) and append NextURL= or NextURLDashboard= and the page. Any address after the = sign must be URL Encoded or the function won't work. 

Deployment considerations: if you intend to use a redirect like this in a QR code use case, it is highly recommend you make a website redirect using bit.ly or your own companies domain. (if you use google's chart API to create QR codes, the api will decode the address thus making the redirect fail).

------------------------------
GMacri
------------------------------