Forum Discussion

9 Replies

• A UPC is just a text field.

If you purchase a low cost device you can typically attach it in line with your keyboard. They are often called "wedge scanners" as they simply,y replace the data entry method of typing into that particular field.
  • Thanks for your quick response Quickbase Coach. I scanned it under Text Field and nothing is populating. 
  • Does not work on Excel and on Word. I'm trying to scan S/N on a radio. It has a bar code with 15 number/letters
      GovindAnand
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Mr.QuickBaseCoach, sorry to interrupt in this thread but i am really stuck in a problem with resetting a dropdown on whenever another dropdown changes. Please help me. I am new  to quickbase and tried Form Rules for achieving this but couldn't make it.    Thanks You.
  • Hi QuickbaseCoach. I have 1 last question, hopefully. Scanning works now :) I need to have a checkout table. I want to scan employee's badge and to have info populate from employee table. how would I go about doing this?
  • Whatever you are scanning will need to be set as the Key field to the table. Typically employees in a company are assigned and Employee number which is also used for payroll purposes. If you are fortunate, that will be the bar code for the badde.

But if you are going to scan, the. There is a trick as you will be doing direct Entry of the Employee number and not using a drop down field. I�m going to look for a previous post I did and come back here.