Forum Discussion

LauraBeverley1
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Updating Threshold Data without losing History

Hello!

I have a table which contains daily orders by item, by location, by date.  I have another table which counts the # of lines of the daily orders along with the total cost of those orders at the date level . 

I have a threshold that says if the daily total # of lines and/or total cost $ is under this line/cost threshold check a checkbox​​.  This checkbox is then used to note an "over/under" in a grid edit report where details can be entered as to why a particular day is over/under for lines or cost. 

We are updating our thresholds today and I need a way that I can update my thresholds with the new threshold information but anything prior to today would remain at the previous threshold levels so as not to lose any historical information.  I would only want the new threshold information to be used from today forward.  Is there a way to accomplish this? 

I have created another table with a start and end date (which is currently not being used) but didn't know if there was a way to utilize this to do what I'm trying to do.  I hope this all makes sense.

Thank you for any guidance!

------------------------------
Laura Beverley

3 Replies

• Are you saying that you have a table of Dates with Key field as the date and then a relationship where 1 Date has many Orders?  And is the threshold value is set on the Dates record?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      LauraBeverley1
      Qrew Member
      Hi Mark,
      Thank you for responding.  Yes, you are correct:
      1.  I have a date table where the key field is the date (relationship is 1 date has many orders)
      2.  I have a detail table which includes multiple records for each day and is used to total the lines and cost into the "date" table - the record ID is the key field in this table
      3.  I have the "Threshold" data in the ROQ date table (listed next to each day)

Laura Beverley
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Is your Threshold field a formula or a data entry field? 

If it's a formula just equal to a number, you can make a formula based on the date field to set the Threshold. 

If it's a data entry field you van just grid edit or mass update (using Search and Replace off the more button)  the future records to have the new threshold value.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com