Forum Discussion

ToddMolino
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

URL Button - Add Save before using multi-doc upload (Kirk Trachy method)

I'm using Kirk's method to upload multiple documents at once and ran into a little problem. The form in which I'm uploading the documents from has a couple of grid edit reports on it for ease of entering data, however everything entered in these grid edit reports are lost if the User then scrolls to upload documents before saving. 
When using Kirk's method, the record is not saved before the UI opens to upload documents and everything entered in the grid edit reports are then lost. 
My goal here is to add code in this button to save the record before opening. 

URLRoot() & "db/"&Dbid() & "?a=dbpage&pagename=MultiDocUpload.html&refFid=6&rid=" & [Record ID#]
& "&applicationtoken=cfnbe4ydp5cqspbksxi3nd949xxx"
& "&fileattachment=14"
& "&categoryFid=12"
& "&attachmenttableurl="& URLRoot() &"db/" & [_DBID_DOCUMENTS]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

------------------------------
Todd
------------------------------

1 Reply

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    It sounds like a change of process may be the easiest solution here. Instead of doing it all at once maybe they could enter the information, save, edit, and then upload their documents.

It used to be possible to trigger the native save button via a formula but that was removed when they took JavaScript away. I don't even think it works in a Rich Text formula any longer but that would be your only option possibly, could explore that.