Forum Discussion

GeorgeBramhall2
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

URL Button on embedded child report in Parent Form

I have a button on each child record shown on an embedded report in their Parent's form.
I want to be able click the button on each of the child records (a button that auto checks another field in the child record) but never leave the Parent form.
Currently with my button code when clicked the user is taken to the child record. How can I get the user to stay on the parent form after clicking each button?

Here is my URL Button Code:
If(not([I Likey]),URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&_fid_130=1" & "&rdr="&URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl()))

------------------------------
George Bramhall

4 Replies

• I believe this is a snag I've run into before. The URL button runs but also 'clicks' on the child record and takes you into it. There may be an actual solve, but I have combated it by not allowing viewing a record from the embedded report.

Michael Tamoush
      GeorgeBramhall2
      Qrew Cadet
      Can't after the button is clicked somehow have the user redirected to the Parent Record of the child using the Related Field from the child record that was clicked?

George Bramhall
        MichaelTamoush
        Qrew Captain
        You can make it a pop up window that they close if you want. Or you can redirect to the parent.

"&rdr="&URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & [YOUR_TABLE_ID] & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Related Parent Field]

Michael Tamoush