Forum Discussion

Wallace__DHS_Ye
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

URL Button to save and edit record

I am currently trying to build a url button that saves and edits a record simultaneously. The issue I ran into at first was the record was not completely saved so QuickBase didn't recognize it as a result couldn't edit the record. Now I got the record to save however now its not editing. Providing my formula below - any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TABLE_1] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&apptoken=XX3&dfid=10&_fid_3=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])& "&z=" &
URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#]
& "&apptoken=XXX"
& "&_fid_134=1"&
"&rdr=" &
URLEncode (XXXXX a=showpage&pageid=12")

------------------------------
Wallace (DHS)

9 Replies

• Is there a good reason that you want to first add a record and then edit it?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      Wallace__DHS_Ye
      Qrew Trainee

Yup, so I have a default form that is set to be seen when users edit records and another form that users see when they add records. This form with this URL button is on the form used when users add record. So if the record is just saved it takes users to the wrong form - that's why I was looking to accomplish both actions with the URL button

Wallace (DHS)
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        I still really don't understand.  Do you want to use her to add a record and then are you saying you want to learn the user on that record and view mode on a certain form or land the user in edit mode on a certain platform. And then why are you redirecting to her page after that? I am still quite confused about the workflow you were trying to achieve.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com