Forum Discussion

ARademacherARad
Qrew Member
11 years ago

URL Formula Button Refresh current page not Redirect

What I have now is an application dashboard for our Director to select a name of a manager. Then it takes them to individual Dashboards with ALL of the reports for that one manager on the page for employee performance metrics (measured across multiple tables and entry points). One report on the dashboard is a "Address at the next 1:1" list. On the report i have a URL button field that changes the status from "Address" to "Closed" so that the director can just click on the button without editing each record every time just to change status and save. One click entry without leaving the dashboard view.

Since i cannot redirect to the main table dashboard (since she would have to select the name and re-enter the specific employees dashboard). I would like for the page to just refresh itself on the current dashboard. Keep in mind that i cannot code a specific dashboard since there are 40+employee dashboards each with a different URL that utilize the same table, but different reports.

Here is what i have:

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid () & "?act=API_EditRecord&rid=" & [Record ID#]

& "&_fid_12="&URLEncode("Closed")

& "&rdr=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/INSERT THE MAIN TABLE ID YOU CAN FIND THIS BY CLICKING HOME") <--I cannot use this because i want to just refresh current page

Found this suggestion on further research, but it gives me "Formula Syntax Errors" when i add this to the bottom of the code below

"javascript:" &

"$.get('" &

$URL &

"',function(){" &

"location.reload(true);" &

"});"

& "void(0);"

Any help is greatly appreciated

26 Replies