Forum Discussion

DavidIsely
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Using fields from another table as dropdown list in another table

Hi,

Someone may have answered this question already but I cannot find. I am trying to set up a table (A) to store employee names that I can add or delete as they come and go. Along with the employee name will be the crew ID (A,B,C or D) and position title. In the other table (B) I want to select the crew ID and when I do it automatically populates the employee name associated with the employees title and crew. So for the Supervisor title it will populate one field that is named Supervisor with the employee associated with that title and crew.

I can easily make this happen in an excel VBA userform but cannot seem to figure it out in quickbase. 

Thanks,
David

------------------------------
David Isely

2 Replies

• Hi, I am trying to do something really similar to this.

Did you find a solution? Or anyone?

thanks!

Francisco Ojeda
      ChayceDuncan
      Qrew Captain

Not sure if the original post was ever resolved - but in the setup you will need some kind of container / binder to contain your employee list and then you're dropdown for 'Crew' in this example would be a related field from that table. So using the original post as the example: 

Create a table for 'Crews'

Create a relationship between Crews to employees and the 'Crew' dropdown on an employee would be the related field to related a Crew to the employee. 

You can then summarize the list of employee names into the Crew using that relationship. In the 3rd table here - where you are again relating the Crew to it - you can then do a lookup of the employee names through the 'Related Crew' relationship to whatever your 3rd table is. 

Chayce Duncan