Forum Discussion

JulieMeeker
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Using "hidden" fields in dynamic form rules

I have a Request form that I need to validate the date and time for the date the service is requested.  I created formula fields to use in the dynamic form rules, but I do not want these fields to be displayed on the form. If I don't include them on the form, the dynamic forms rules don't work.  I tried including them, but for edit only and that did not work either.  I tried putting the formula fields in a separate section and used a dynamic form rule to hide the section and that also caused the date test dynamic rules to fail. 

I have a test form with the fields displayed and the rules work perfectly.  

How can you configure the form so that the fields are not displayed, but they are available to the dynamic form rules? (without using javascript because that is above my skill set.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

------------------------------
Julie Meeker

4 Replies

PaulPeterson1
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I have the same situation in a few of my forms.  I create a section of the form for hidden fields and use a form rule to hide that section.

Paul Peterson
      BradLemke
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      That's exactly how I've gotten this to work as well.

Brad Lemke
      JulieMeeker
      Qrew Trainee
      I had tried setting the fields to edit so they would not be displayed.  This was my mistake.  Fields are hidden and all rules are firing!

THANK YOU

Julie Meeker