Forum Discussion

JenniferJuhasz
Qrew Cadet
9 months ago

Validation error: Invalid literal for Decimal: u'TEST9-NewAccount'

Hi folks,

I have only found one thread from about a year and a half ago relating to this error, and it appears unresolved.

Following the recommendation of another QB Expert on here, I am creating a Pipeline to create a record when an option from a drop-down list of 'tasks' is selected, and I keep getting this error.

All fields in question are Text fields.  There are no numeric fields.

Has anyone experienced this before?  I feel like I can't move forward into the next steps in this project without resolving this first.

Thank you!

Jen

------------------------------
Jennifer Juhasz
FamilySmart
BC, Canada

3 Replies

• I think a screenshot of step itself might give us some insight :)

Also, what data are you trying to write? Numbers, Text? 

Lordsman Burgos
      JenniferJuhasz
      Qrew Cadet

Hi,

This is all Text - it's a name field; I'm trying to populate a name field off of a list of options in another table.

Here's the step where things are failing - the Pipeline starting when the Project Record is created works great; as does the Lookup to the reference table where the 'Task Name' list exists.  This should be a pretty simple Pipeline: A record is created in the Projects Table; we lookup the Common Task Name List Table; then create a record in the 'Task Table' itself.

This ultimately is to result in another pipeline where related sub-tasks are automatically assigned when a Common Task is selected and created into our Task table.

What do you think?

Thank you,

Jen

Jennifer Juhasz
      FamilySmart
      BC, Canada
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

Any chance that you are populating any multiple choice fields such as status or priority with invalid choices? 

Maybe there is a difference in the choices between the parent and the child. 

You could gradually stop populating certain fields one by one to find the culprit. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com