Forum Discussion

BalaAboki
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

WebHook: Update a Text Field With log edit enabled

I would like to use webhook to append user inputs from a text field and into another field with Log Edit enabled (need to Store History). Both fields are in the same table.

The current XML script works fine except that it uses the Admin usertoken to Timestamp username/Date.

Ideally I would like this stamp to show the information of the current user performing the edits. I  have read about creating tickets but not sure about  implementation. 

<qdbapi>
<udata>mydata</udata>
   <usertoken>%user.token.**************.Admin Token%</usertoken>
      <apptoken>********************</apptoken>
     <rid>[Record ID#]</rid>
  <field fid="436"> [Action Status]</field>
 </qdbapi>

Thanks in Advance

1 Reply

• Hi Bala,

If you are looking to pull over the use who edited the record the easiest way would be to bring over the Last Modified By field into a user field in your destination record. The issue with trying to use a ticket is that typically they wouldn't be dynamic. So a webhook wouldn't dynamically recognize and use the ticket for one user over another. Meanwhile the Last Modified by field will fill in with the user that initiated the change and then can be written into a user field in the created record. This way instead of only getting the Webhook owner as the record creator you can get the user who initiated the action as well.