Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
3 years ago

When do usage properties show what dynamic form rules the field is in?

I've noticed that when you look at the field properties under the usage tab, sometimes it shows which dynamic form rules that field is used in, and other times it does not. Does anyone know why this is? Which fields are shown and which are not?

It seems arbitrary to me but I am sure there must be a consistency I just can't find.

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

3 Replies

• It used to never show the Form Rule number. Then a few years ago it was upgraded and it did show which form rule numbers it was used in which was a wonderful enhancement.

But lately it seems to me it is intermittently not working properly so I think it's a bug.  The bug has been bugging me but so far not enough for me to put in a bug report to Quickbase.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander
      Phew. I thought I was going crazy. I thought it used to always show the number without issue, and it seemed like in the last couple months it doesn't work properly. I might put in the ticket. I'll let you know if there is a known bug.

Mike Tamoush
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander
      FYI -

"This behavior has already been documented as a bug.

From what already has been observed, if the field is a part of the condition for the form rule, it displays on the Usage tab, but if the field is a part of the action for the form rule, it will not display on the Usage tab.

The bug ID for this is QBE016472."

Mike Tamoush