Forum Discussion

RyanHuffman
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

Why Are Things Still Showing Up As Using JS?

Like some others, I have been working on adjusting a few pieces of our app to accommodate for the new JS usage rules and I have quite a few fields that I thought were fixed as I am now directing the browser to a code page where all the JS lives and is executed before sending the user back to the page they were on (so it basically looks like a page refresh). I got all excited to see my number go down in the JS Usage App an lo-and-behold when the app refreshed today, my number didn't change at all.

I also completely deleted an app that had a few offending fields that was no longer in use so I expected at least that to change things a bit but no dice...

Am I doing something wrong with the JS App? Is there something I'm missing? I would be happy to provide the code for one of the buttons I thought I fixed if that helps but after deleting an app and seeing no change, I'm wondering if it's the reporting app and not my stuff??

------------------------------
Ryan Huffman

7 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    Posting an example of a field that says it still contains JavaScript would be the most helpful thing here I think. When you load into the field in your app do you get a little popup in the bottom right corner saying you still need to change it?

Not sure about the JavaScript Usage App, never seen that.
      RyanHuffman
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks Austin. I do not get the "unsupported code" popup when I open those fields anymore, which is part of the reason I assumed the fields were fixed (and they very well may be).

The Inserted Javascript Usage app was something quickbase released on resources.quickbase.com with the initial announcement about the changes that is supposed to identify areas in your app(s) where unsupported scripting is in use so developers can fix it. From my understanding, it scans your apps weekly and I figured it would no longer display fields once they had been corrected, but I feel like I'm doing a lot of assuming here. That was the main point of my question--I'm just disappointed to have not received the gratification of a smaller number after making changes.

Ryan Huffman
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        Is your app sandboxed? Even without a sandbox created if it is enabled that often prevents things from being done to it. It is the reason I both love and hate the App Library that someone released before. It does not update an app when the sandbox is open because field settings are not accessible.