Forum Discussion

DevinDevin
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Why Won't Add New Record show in record picker?

A record picker won't show the Add New Record button. I've checked user roles, and the parent record's advanced settings, and the form's report link settings to no avail. See screen shot below of missing button. Help?

8 Replies

• Hi Devin,

Is your parent table is a sync/ connected table? If yes, then you will not be able to see that add record button. If not, then you also need to check the user interface settings for that particular role?

Thanks,
    Gaurav
      DevinDevin
      Qrew Cadet
      I'm not familiar with a 'sync/connected' table. Is this the same as a 'related' table? Would you be able to elaborate?
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Devin. Having some knowledge of your app, you are not using a Connected Table.

A Connected Table is where Quick Base maintains essentially a complete mirror duplicate of another data source in a Quick base table. The source can be another QuickBase app or selected other cloud based programs or CSV files stored in the cloud or den SFTP path.
    MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    The user needs to have BOTH 'permissions' to add, and the 'user interface' options to see the add button.

Check the user interface tab on the role to make sure they are NOT hiding the add buttons.

DevinDevin
      Qrew Cadet
      I'm the administrator and none of the 'hide' check marks are active. So I'm still confused on this. Any other thoughts?
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      I would put in a support ticket to confirm that the Add function works in the Grid Edit Record Picker. I have not explicitly tested that.
      GauravSharma3
      Qrew Commander
      I have just tested out. Actually, Quick Base does not provide any add record option in the grid edit mode. But, don't know why they have done so?

Mark, you can put this on your support ticket.

Thanks,
      Gaurav