Forum Discussion

RezaKhosrowabad
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Will tables be automatically connected when we connect two apps?

Hello,
I have several Staff tables with staff names in APP 1 and a File Review Table in APP 2, both APPs under the same account and i will need to connect each record in APP 2 to a staff name in APP 1.

Do I need to connect each Staff Table in APP 1 to the second APP 2 after creating relationships between tables or there is a shorter way to avoid connecting all staff tables to the second APP?

thank you.
Reza

------------------------------
Reza Khosrowabadi

2 Replies

• Can you explain why you have multiple Staff tables? Typically, best practice is to have a single table that represents one "thing" (like employees / staff).

And, if your Staff information lives in multiple tables, you'll have to create a relationship to each of those tables. My suggestion to avoid this and other issues in the future would be to have a single Staff table in App 1 and then create a Sync table of that Staff table in App 2. Then, you can build in-app relationships to the Sync table, rather than having to build cross-app relationships.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
      RezaKhosrowabad
      Qrew Cadet
      hello Blake, 
      I have several staff tables because there are several content areas, but i am in a process of combining them to one table as you suggested.
      would you please state your reason for doing it your way as you suggested as opposed to Cross App Relationships.

your idea was great.
      thank you.

Reza Khosrowabadi