Forum Discussion

SalesInfo
Qrew Assistant Captain
6 years ago

add background color for checkbox field

I want to add the background color for the checkbox field. I have 3 checkboxes under section "Customer instruction" and want all of them have the yellow background as the text above.  Please see below for what I mean.

Please help and show me how to format the background of the checkbox. It would be nice if someone knows how to format the background color for the entire section.

Thank you.

56 Replies

SalesInfo
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I just realized that it just worked for that particular ticket which I got the ID from. On the another ticket, the background color got changed on different fields which I don't want to change. 

SalesInfo
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I have to type of tickets: service center ticket and customer ticket. The customer ticket does not have checkbox fields that i want the background to be changed. That's why the background color changed on different fields on the customer ticket. Can you please show me how I can fix this problem?
      SalesInfo
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      I used the dynamic form rule to hide and show the fields based one the input of another field to separate two types of tickets.

I think that I would need to use if-else statement to block a code but not sure how I can handle it. Do you have any idea on how to fix this problem?
  • Have you considered a simpler native approach?

You can just put a text element on your form beside the checkbox and Suppress the native field name.  You would check the checkbox for enable html.

<SPAN STYLE="background-color:yellow">These are the words for checkbox #1</SPAN>
      SalesInfo
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      what if i want to customize the background color for the section like below using a simpler way?
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Sorry,  but I don't know of a simpler a way to do that. 

imho it's just not worth spending so much time on formatting issues like that.  My attitude  as a developer is to do the 95% that can be done quickly and never mind that last 5%, because I always have a backlog of project work to be done, so I just move onto the next thing on my to do list.