Forum Discussion

ElishaTenenbaum
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Customize Email Notification Header

Hi there

I'm trying to find out how to remove or customize what the header of the form in my email notifications displays. By default it appears as "app name (table name #trackerid)"

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

11 Replies

SuryaExpert
    Qrew Assistant Captain

If you don't like the way the form appears, you could change it. Alternatively, if you don't want to change that form just for the sake of the emails, you can create another form and use that form for the purpose of the email notifications. You would select the new form in the email notification settings. Hope that helps.
  • Thanks Surya

The area I'm looking to change is not part of the form. I've attached a picture to indicate the line of text I'd like to change. 

Is there a way how to do that?

Thanks

SuryaExpert
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Can you post the screenshot of the form itself? Including the address bar? You can redact the URL part, if that helps. But I think this is still part of the form that can be customized.
  • Yes. Here's the pic. I renamed the app since I sent you that last record. It was called "SAV Ticketing App", now it's called "sAV Service".
  • In Advanced Properties for the Table, you can set how the record is identified.

Look for Record Title and select or create a better field to identify the record.

Mark
  • Thanks Mark

I'm looking to do something different.

The header that appears above the form in the emails uses the following naming scheme:

1. app name 2. (table name 3. record title) - See the box in red in my second reply.

I'm trying to figure out how to change the header naming scheme or get rid of the headers completely.

Thanks

QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Sorry, I don't know of a way to do that.  However, you are free to not use the from at all,    ie, if it is a small form and just have the email body carry the message. 

You can use html in the email body and all the field labels you like, as long as you do not have an embedded child table.
  • Using script you can send a custom HTML message on a button click using a combination of these two methods:
    <dbid>?a=API_GetRecordAsHTML&rid=272
    main?a=UserWin
    The first method grabs the raw HTML for the record view which does not contain headers and can be further modified as needed. The second method will send the email which can include HTML.

This isn't a notification but rather an on-demand button click.

• Any chance they can add the option to remove that information (1. app name 2. table name 3. record title) ?

Where do I go to request this feature? Seems like a simple fix to just have a checkbox (include or not include).