Forum Discussion

QuintenQuinten
Qrew Assistant Captain
7 years ago

Deactivate Url Link in Email Notification After It has been sent

An email notification is sent with a url link formula that allows a field to be changed in a table. However, sometimes the field in the table gets changed manually with a different text than what the email url is allowing. Ex. Email wants the field to change to "blue", but the manual adjustment change it to "red". When the link in the email gets clicked days after, the field in the table that was manually changed gets overwritten to a different text. Ex. The field that had "red" changes back to "blue". How do you keep the email from overwriting when you don't want it to? Is there a way to deactivate the email or the links in the email after is has been sent?

24 Replies

• Its hard to understand exactly what you are asking, but if you have an formula URL Button button that you want to suppress under some conditions, just make it calculate to blank under those conditions.
    QuintenQuinten
    Qrew Assistant Captain

The Url button in the email will always update the field in the table no matter what. But I don't want it to if the field has already been changed to something else. How do I go about that?

QuintenQuinten
    Qrew Assistant Captain

There is no way of telling the email that the multiple choice field has been changed, because it was manually changed. A solution would be to put a if then statement in the link in the email so when/if the field gets changed in the table, no affect will occur.

MichaelBarrow
      Qrew Cadet
      Exactly! And what would the code for something like that look like?
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      So are you saying that you need to record the date / time the field was manually changed, and the date time that the email button changed it, and if the manual change date/time was after the last email change date / time, then suppress the button?
      QuintenQuinten
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      No date or time. The field I'm looking at is a multiple choice field with three options, "entered data", "approved", "shipped". Email gets sent out when field is "entered data" and when the link in the email is pressed, field moves to approved. Sometimes there is not enough time to wait for the email response so it gets moved to shipped. However, a person goes back in their email and presses the link forcing the field to go back to approved. I don't want that. Once it is manually changed to shipped it needs to stay there even if the link is pressed in the email.