Forum Discussion

PAULPAUL
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Multi-Select Text Locked

Why is Multi-Select Text unable to be changed to a different type? I inadvertantly changed the a field from Text to Multi-Select Text and want to revert it back to Text. 
This field is linked to numerous reports in my application and I dont want to have to build a new Text field just to reconnect all of my linked reports. 

4 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    I'm not 100% sure why they wont let you change it back, but I believe it has to do with legacy data conversions.  

As for now you will have to create a new field on that particular table, but all the lookup fields that you had mapped to it, will just need mapped to the new field.  No need to make all new lookup fields and fix all the reports on other tables.

You can also do a data migration from the old field to the new one so you keep your data.

Not ideal, but that is how you will need to correct the mistake.
  • Is there anyway to have a ticket made or something in order to change this for future users. It seems like a really bad design flaw. 

I
  • Yeah, that's a major annoying bummer! They should have some sort of additional prompt warning when you are about to change to multi-select text to let you know that it's a one-way street.
  • This is still the case and it got me just today. This needs to be addressed.