Forum Discussion

Re: "New Style"

We hate it too. We call it the herpes of QB. We turn it off and it just pops up again and again. There HAS to be a way to turn this off.

------------------------------
Meredith Moore

30 Replies

AdamKeever1
    Qrew Commander
    It needs a scroll bar at the bottom for scrolling left to right.

Adam Keever
      MeredithMoore
      Qrew Cadet
      What we need is to be able to have choice on the BACKEND of the report. Sure let us CHOOSE a style, maybe even open up that CSS do we can choose header colors, fonts, sizes, column widths / heights, rotation, etc.

Meredith Moore
        JimHarrison
        Qrew Champion
        So if Quickbase adds a feature called "Make copy of CSS". The "Make Copy of CSS" function copies the current CSS of the "New BETA Reports" of the Table Home Page to a code page in App Settings.
        A Builder goes to the Code page and builds by messing up the CSS.
        Back in Table Settings - Table Home Page: is a DDL of each code page where .css is the type (in the name).

Builder applies CSS to a table home page.
        Builder can test different CSS code pages based upon Role (without affecting Users)
        Builder can apply CSS code page to other Roles (Users are impressed).

Builder now starts taking classes in CSS.
        Quickbase starts documenting all CSS classes in a table format for reference, like the API guide. (and makes it editable so we can update it).

Quickbase developers can go back to Pipelines for a while.

Just a thought.

Jim Harrison
        transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes
      MeredithMoore
      Qrew Cadet

A great way to run a business... I don't know why they aren't listening to their customers anymore. They used to be so good about it. Now it is like "Suck it up buttercup". 

My biggest problem is that I group things so that the report will be shorter. Now it is longer than ever and I can't collapse it down. It REALLLLLLY sucks. I have like one record and four grouping rows on top of it. It makes no sense. It also makes me wonder what my Exact forms will look like...

Meredith Moore
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        I agree that when you have reports using the group by feature it really does suck up a lot of the space. The only way to get that space back is to use the expand icon which is at the top right. 

I was actually thinking I might have to make some combined fields so that a single field contains the group by the nations all in one field so I wouldn't lose so much screen space.  I think I will put in a user voice on that group by issue. It is taking up too much screen space.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    Even if you do turn it off for now they have already said the toggle will eventually be going away. It could be in 2 months or it could be in 6 months but it will go away. So learning the new reports, even if we hate them, is going to be time well spent so you don't have to learn them when you are forced to.
      SamLopresti
      Qrew Cadet
      Nobody is denying that, but it still does not change the fact that the new version looks like crap and performs horribly.

USA USA
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        This is just how things usually work here. You are the beta test for the report. They will release it in an almost working condition and eventually it may be updated to be better. Look at Pipelines as another example. Sure it works but it definitely isn't what I would call production ready with all the little bugs with it. You end up chasing down lots of issues that have no cause that can be determined. Things like Pipelines erroring one day and then appearing to run correctly from then on but in fact they have stopped working with that error it just doesn't look like it.

The new reports are different and I don't like how they look but I cannot deny that you are able to filter easier and more efficiently with them. I like how intuitive the filtering is as well but not all of my users feel the same way lol. In fact many of them are very confused with the new style but that is more a product of them not liking change and not wanting to see what the new style can do for them.
      AdamKeever1
      Qrew Commander

Adam Keever
        PaulPeterson1
        Qrew Assistant Captain
        Resistance is not futile, it is Voltage divided by Current...

Paul Peterson