Forum Discussion

AllisaWaite
Qrew Member
4 years ago

2021 New Style Beta Report - cannot click on a record to "View" must click on the "eye" icon

Since using the New Style beta version for the reports I noticed that I can't just anywhere on the record to "view" the record, in the current version we can do this. 

Is this part of the change, that users must click on the "eye" icon to view and the "pencil" icon to edit?

Thanks!

------------------------------
Allisa W.

6 Replies

• Hi Allisa,

That would be correct that in the current version of the new style table reports to open in edit or view mode your users would want to use the pencil or the eyeball options.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base
      DarinDraper
      Qrew Member
      Will there eventually be an option to let us click anywhere again to view the record? or do we have to add code to get this feature back?

Darin Draper
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        My understanding is that the goal is to get to "in line editing" which means being able to edit records while still in the report view and not having to go into Grid Edit.  Hence when you click into a cell in the future it would just edit the cell.  That is my understanding of why they took the click anywhere ability away.  

If you did want a larger target for the users to click on, the you could make you own VIEW Button with a URL formula.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com