Forum Discussion

Re: How to Add CurrentUser to User List field

Well, you can have the last line read 

var text DisplayParent=  URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_PARENT_TABLE_NAME]

& "?a=dr& rid=" & [Related Parent];

$Approve
& "&rdr=" & URLEncode($DisplayParent)

As for the issue of the embedded child table not updating quick enough due to the pipeline speed,  one trick is to have that embedded table be in a Tab which is not the main tab. That will force the user to click a Tab to display the child table and by the time they click the button there's a good chance the pipeline will have run. 

What does the pipeline do when you click the URL Formula button? Perhaps the URL formula button itself can do the updates you need. 

------------------------------
Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
mark.shnier@gmail.com

3 Replies

JosephMahon
    Qrew Member

I appreciate all of the help!  It is almost working perfect. The pipeline runs and the ultimate goal is achieved but I am getting an error with this code:

var text Approve = If([Import Note Check Box] = false, URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?act=API_EditRecord&rid=" & ToText([Record ID#])
    & "&_fid_39=1",URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?act=API_EditRecord&rid=" & ToText([Record ID#])
    & "&_fid_39=0");

var text DisplayParent=  URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_EPISODES_OF_CARE] & "?a=dr& rid=" & [Related Episode];

$Approve
    & "&rdr=" & URLEncode($DisplayParent)

I think it has to do with [Related Episode] 

Here is the function:

Our staff dictates notes into the child table while on the road.  When they come home and go into the Parent Table and click the URL button we are creating here. This checks a box on the child record and then triggers a pipeline.  The pipeline maps the fields from the child table to the parent table.  There are about 12-15 fields. 

Joseph Mahon
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

Take away the extra space in this line before rid.  

"?a=dr& rid=" & [Related Episode];

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        JosephMahon
        Qrew Member

That did it! Jeez, thanks for catching that.  I appreciate all of the help.

This works perfect and looks nice and clean now!

Joseph Mahon