Forum Discussion

Re: Regarding Automation failure due to number of records exceed max 1000 limit

Automations, Actions and Webhooks all fire after the record is saved.  The only way to pre-populate a field is using form rules, as they can populate a field at all times and also "when the record is saved". 

So if the data entry is manual on a form, then you can use a form rule, alternatively, your solution sounds like it would work, save the record with a temporary Key fields and then use an Automation to recreate the record with a correct Key field and then delete the temporary one.

------------------------------
Mark Shnier (YQC)
Quick Base Solution Provider
Your Quick Base Coach
http://QuickBaseCoach.com
markshnier2@gmail.com

8 Replies

vijaysingh
    Qrew Cadet
    My solution is working - recreate the record with a correct Key field and then delete the temporary one

Just that there are couple of other actions on a delete and new entry in the table and those are being triggered due to this which i don't want if a record is added/deleted after this automation run.  If there is anyway to handle this?

I had tried the form way of handling this but it didn't work. Here is what i had used

Secondly, i can see automation is getting turned off automatically. Is this because of Error count is increasing or any other reason.

vijay singh
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      On the form uncheck that checkbox at the bottom of the screen shot.  That should fix the form rule.  I also typically include a Condition in the form rule to only fire when those two values are not already the same.

As for the other Automations firing, you could flag the record initially created by the Automation so that you could then add a filter to the other Automations to not trigger on those ones.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      markshnier2@gmail.com
        vijaysingh
        Qrew Cadet
        Thanks Mark for quick responses .. Will try both the options you suggested. 

Any update on other question i mentioned- Secondly, i can see automation is getting turned off automatically. Is this because of Error count is increasing or any other reason.

vijay singh