Forum Discussion

BuildPro
Qrew Captain
6 years ago

Open a file attachment without it downloading to computer?

How do I open a file attachment (file is located locally on my PC) without the file downloading every time I open from Quickbase?

1 Reply

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    What type of file is this? PDF? If so, here is some info. If not follow similar steps in Chrome below and pick a different type of file under "Content Settings" and there should be a similar option to change.

What browser are you using? In Chrome there is a setting under Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Content Settings >> Then scroll down to "PDF Documents" and set "Download pdf files instead of automatically opening them" to off. That should just open it in the browser automatically as a temporary file.

Microsoft Edge does not download PDFs automatically and it looks like it just opens them as a temp file.

Firefox has a setting for this too but I'm not sure where it is.

If the file is local and the information inside it does not depend on QuickBase(it never changes and does not need to be updated) then the quickest thing to do might be to have a shortcut on the desktop to the file or the folder the file is in. Hard to say without knowing the exact workflow here.