Forum Discussion

JakeRattner1
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

Using API Do_Query within the 'Advanced Query' on a pipeline in 'Search Records'

Hi,

I'm trying to use a pipeline to create a bunch of records based on what's returned in a search.  My first step is to use the 'Search' in Pipelines to attempt to return the records I'm looking for.  My suspicion is that I've got the syntax all wrong. Here is what I've got so far:

My image appears to be little fuzzy.  I should break down whats in the pic. 
1. Account = "Zapier and other integrations".  This has worked in the past so I think I'm all good on that part
2. Table: I'm pointing to our 'Channel Partner' Table in the 'Channel Partner' App
3. FIelds: Channel Partner Name (FID 6), Channel Partner Notes (FID 7)
4. Advanced Query:
https://domain.quickbase.com/db/tableURL?a=API_DoQuery&
includeRids=1&
apptoken=mytoken&
udata=mydata&. //I'm not sure what to add in the 'mydata section')
query={'67'.CT.'CA'} //I'm saying if the field ID 67 contains the state of CA.  67 is a combined text field

What I'm hoping this will all add up to in psudeo code is:
1. Go to the Channel Partner Table
2. Return all the records where CA is containd in the combined text field (fid 67)
Thanks in advance for any help.  
Jake

------------------------------
Jake R

5 Replies

• Jake -

Using the Advanced Query is unnecessary for what you're trying to accomplish. You'll need to use the standard Query option at the bottom of this form like this:

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
      JakeRattner1
      Qrew Cadet

Hi Blake, 

For what I'm trying to do I will need to use advanced query.  The query option will not work.  Are you familiar with how to get the do-query to work in advanced query?

The reason is due to the dynamic nature of the filter. I need to be able to use a field in the advance query to which will dynmically build the query and would include several 'and' and 'or' operators.  Unfortunately that isn't possible with the standard query.

Thanks,

Jake

Jake R
        BlakeHarrison
        Qrew Captain
        Well, the Advanced Query doesn't need any of the information other than the Query String, but I'm not sure exactly how it needs to be written, other than the basic {fid.comparator.value}. If you need to write something complex, the easier route might be to write that as a formula checkbox field on your table and then do the standard Query on that field.

Blake Harrison
        bharrison@datablender.io
        DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
        Atlanta GA
        404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/