Forum Discussion

ChrisSwirtz
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Importing info from two separate CSV files into one Table and matching up the right info to eachother?

I have information on 2 separate CSV files that I want to end up on one table in QuickBase. The common link between the information in the 2 CSV files is the "PO Number" field. What is the best way to upload both files so that the right info from one CSV file ends up with the corresponding info on the other CSV file?

2 Replies

SuryaExpert
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I am assuming the "PO Number" is the primary key on the table you are importing into. As long as that is true, you can import from the files one after the other. Quick Base will automatically merge the data from the two csv files.
  • No see i figured that would be the way to go but for some reason it isn't merging the info, just creating new records for the info from the 2nd file. I must be doing something wrong. When uploading the 2nd file of data, i select to use the "PO Number" as the existing field for the PO Number field on the 2nd file and then leave the rest to create new fields. I thought it would then go look for that PO# in the existing records and add the new info to the corresponding record. Is it because there are multiple existing records with the same PO Number? Or am I just doing it totally wrong?