Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Relationship Help

Posted 03-22-2020 16:08
    I have a table called " Clients' "Assigned Providers" and "Providers". Clients connect with many "Assigned Providers" in which "Providers" may be selected - Assigned Providers is the joined table.

What I need is to be able to select a provider as well as select multiple "Services" from the provider - but the services are specific to each provider - 3 total types of services. One provider may have 1 out of 3, 2 out of the 3 and another 3 out of 3 services. Essentially, When assigning a provider to a client I want to be able to select multiple services that is specific to that provider.

------------------------------
    Ermias Bean

• 2.  RE: Relationship Help

Posted 03-22-2020 20:36
    This is no problem.  You can use what is called a Conditional Drop Down (CDD)

To set this up the system needs to know which Providers offer which Service Types.  So you already have a table of Providers and make a child table under that table of the Service Types that they can provide.

Then it sounds like you want to create a Child table under Assigned Providers to list the services being supplied.  So make that table and draw the choices based on a relationship to Service Types.  Then lookup the field for [Related Provider] down from the Assigned Provider down to the child table Assigned Provider Service and set the [Related Service Type] to be conditional on the previous selection of  Related Provider lookup.

I hope I explained that well enough, if not, post back.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Relationship Help

Posted 03-23-2020 11:02
    Thanks, performing this shortly

Ermias Bean

• 4.  RE: Relationship Help

Posted 03-23-2020 12:44
    What do you mean by "So make that table and draw the choices based on a relationship to Service Types"

Ermias Bean

• 5.  RE: Relationship Help

Posted 03-23-2020 12:48
    You have the table of Assigned Providers.  I was assuming that there would be a child table under that one listing a record for each Service Provided.  So, when you add a record to select a service, then you need to have a drop down list of all the services provided from the Service Types table.  Once you have this setup, then the CDD will limit the drop down to just the services that the Assigned Provider is able to supply.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 6.  RE: Relationship Help

Posted 03-23-2020 13:29
    I have Providers, Assigned Providers, and SeVices Table. What able and i setting up the CDD field?

Ermias Bean

• 7.  RE: Relationship Help

Posted 03-23-2020 13:43
    I am suggesting to create a child table under Assigned Providers to allow you to create records there for each separate Service that Assigned Provider will be providing.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 8.  RE: Relationship Help

Posted 03-23-2020 14:51
    My assigned provider table is the join table.

I Select a client (Client>Providers), add provider (this is the assigned providers table), then select the provider from the providers table.

Ermias Bean

• 9.  RE: Relationship Help

Posted 03-23-2020 15:07
    If you attempting to to limit the choices fr the drop down choices in a multi sect field type, then that is not currently possible in Quick Base.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com