Forum Discussion

BeckyMoore
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

LOOKUP FIELDS IN FORMS

I HAVE A INSPECTIONS TABLE AND A  VIOLATIONS TABLE.  I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CHOOSE THE VIOLATION WHEN CREATING A NEW INSPECTION.   HOWEVER, INSPECTIONS CAN HAVE SEVERAL VIOLATIONS.  WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SET THIS UP?  I MADE A LOOKUP FIELD FOR VIOLATIONS BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ADD MORE THAN ONE.  OR MAYBE THERE IS A BETTER WAY.

------------------------------
Becky Moore

4 Replies

• You want to create a relationship where one inspection can have many violations. Then you can add multiple child violation records to an individual parent inspection record.
    Here is what it would look like on a form:

You can change the settings so that you can add multiple child records from the parent record form:

Then it will look like this:

Adam Keever
      DonLarson
      Qrew Commander
      Becky,

Do what Adam said.  He has laid out the whole architecture for you.

Don Larson
      Paasporter
      Westlake OH
      RajHelaiya
      Qrew Captain
      Thanks Adam, I think this is an easier way to go. But I have a condition, if there are multiple fields in the child table and on the parent table I want to display certain fields based on certain conditions, say if a check box is checked only show 2 out of 3 fields from the child table when add button is clicked on the parent form. How does that work?

Raj Helaiya
        AdamKeever1
        Qrew Commander
        You would need to use dynamic form rules in the form settings:

You may need to use a formula field to compute a result for multiple conditions and then apply a dynamic form rule to that formula field depending on exactly what it is you need to do.

Adam Keever