Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to track users' time spent or actions taken in QuickBase?

Posted 01-28-2021 10:06
    Edited by Davy Ou 01-28-2021 15:49
    Is there a way to track users' time spent or actions taken in QuickBase?

The end goal here is to see how much time active users spend in QuickBase so we can better manage users and optimize business process. 

Please advise :)

------------------------------
    Davy Ou

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to track users' time spent or actions taken in QuickBase?

Posted 01-28-2021 15:40
    Essentially, no. The only way to see anything like this would be to look at the User list and see when they last logged in. You could also build reports on each table that were grouped by [Last Modified] or [Record Owner] and then [Date Modified] by Date to get an idea of how many records each user interacts with, but this will not be an accurate reflection of their actual time in the system.

I will also caution you against combining Users. Sharing of user credentials has a couple of unpleasant side effects.
    1. You lose the ability to see who actually did what in an application.
    2. You risk breaking your Quickbase Terms of Service as each individual that accesses your applications is typically required to have a paid seat.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to track users' time spent or actions taken in QuickBase?

Posted 01-28-2021 15:52
    Thank you Blake! 

I am sad QuickBase does not have certain essential functions because people would like to centralize track and trace in each app but using [Last Modified By] and dates is not what we are looking for.

Anyways, thanks again.

Davy Ou

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to track users' time spent or actions taken in QuickBase?

Posted 01-28-2021 16:00
    Access logs and action logs are maintained outside of Quickbase, so this isn't data that's easily accessible at the moment. I do know that the Quickbase team is working to implement better Realm/App level administrator data, but I do not know what any of those specific data points might be or when this might be made available.

If there is something specific that you're interested in, I would encourage you to go take a look at their UserVoice page and submit your idea.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to track users' time spent or actions taken in QuickBase?

Posted 01-28-2021 16:44
    Definitely will do. Thanks!

Davy Ou

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to track users' time spent or actions taken in QuickBase?

Posted 01-28-2021 17:10
    Edited by Austin K 01-28-2021 17:12
    The only thing close to that is Audit Logs in the Admin Console. It isn't exactly what you want but it shows you from a high level view what actions a user has done but it doesn't cover everything and you need to set what fields to monitor. This feature is only included in Platform or above plans, so I'm not sure where you fall in that. I definitely wouldn't upgrade just for this. From what I understand they do plan on making this a lot better but that could be a long time away.

https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/audit_logs.html