Forum Discussion

DrewWalley
Qrew Member
8 years ago

Need Advice on Daily Status Narrative Fields, Need possible solution idea's

Need Advice on Daily Status Narrative Fields, Input text Field that sends to Multiline Text Field. The summary is entered daily by a tech at end of day. At midnight the summary gets added to a automatically generated report. When the report generates we need the summary to first get moved to a log then cleared so that it is blank for the next days entry.

3 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    I'd suggest using a child table to the "Daily Summaries"  then you can have a history of the notes, and run reports based on the date it was created.

This will also allow your tech to know which jobs still need the daily summary by using some summary fields to show the most recent summary created.
  • It's setup so the report generates automatically each day. The tech must have this entered prior to midnight. The issue we are having comes after the report is generated and the summary needs deleted. We assumed there would be a dynamic rule to move text to log and delete but there is not. I found a post on using api's but it is ancient and supporting page links have vanished. The next post that looked interesting is here,
     https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/formula-to-remove-the-value-in-a-text-field?topic-r...
    MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Yeah, you are going to want to do this as a child table. Then send the information to different places.

Trying to rely on form rules to delete and log, its messy and only works on the form.  They wont work via grid edit, or any type of mass update/import.

At least thats my suggestion