Forum Discussion

GeoffreyHarmuth
Qrew Captain
7 years ago

Irritating text box width/wrapping

This is driving me nuts:

15 Replies

• I am sure there is a solution but there isn't enough information.

Are you seeing this behavior across the board or on a particular page or after a new release?

More context is needed including full page and URL to debug.

Generally reports expand with a horizontal scrollbar to accommodate wide headers or column data.

To me a solution would be very easy to implement with script but the issue is do you want a fix for one particular case or a solution for all cases. Generally QuickBase tables are well laid out so a fix for a particular case may lead to a whack-a-mole scenario where the fix to the instant problem generates a problem elsewhere.
  • So this happens all across my form (with 180 fields).  It changes based on screen size, the browser zoom, the fields surrounding it, different field types,  and for any other apparent reason that i don't know about. 

I just don't understand the logic behind quickbase's algorithm for resizing and lining up fields - Surely they can make it easier.  The view is different for view/print/edit modes as well - Why???  
      _anomDiebolt_
      Qrew Elite
      It is not a simple problem to get acceptable display under all conditions. I am sure there is a solution for any particular case but you will have to direct you question to support for a general solution or some levers you could pull to control the width.
      JoshuaTate
      Qrew Cadet
      I also find this irritating, i was going to ask support at some point but so far honestly support has been a waste of time as there answer for 95% of things is, it can be done with scripting, we encourage you to talk with one of our partners etc.... 
      _anomDiebolt_
      Qrew Elite
      > it can be done with scripting

I was in a dead sleep but my robot caught this message and woke me up.

I would have to see an instance of this to debug. It might be as simple as injecting a single CSS: property:

white-space: nowrap;